Jainism History & Beliefs – Teachings & Facts of Jainism Religion
Jainism is basically a non-violent ancient Indian religion, also regarded as Jain dharma that commenced to emerge in India in the sixth century BC. Mahavira (599-527BC) is hence considered to be the founder of Jainism. The most common component of Jainism is its precept of non-violence that extends from thoughts, speech, and movements in everyday life. Because Jainism additionally consists of animals, dairy merchandise obtained through the inhumane remedy of animals is no longer to be blanketed in the diet. This non-violent belief includes all residing things, and even some veggies are not eaten if they are regarded residing beings (able to sprout). Jainism consists of ten life ideas and comprises reincarnation and karma but does no longer comply with the idea that there is a creator God.
Interesting Jainism Facts:
- In Jainism, all existence has a soul, from bacteria to plants, to animals and humans. Because they all have souls, they all can reach nirvana.
- Jains do now not worship a god or saint, and instead work to achieve nirvana as they accept as accurate with other liberated souls have attained.
- In Jainism, the trust is that karma is sincerely counted that attaches to the soul as being a result of thoughts, actions, and words, regardless of whether they are excellent or negative.
- In Jainism, there is faith that there is more than one universe. This is Bharat Kshetra, one of three worlds that we may additionally be reborn into. Click to know more Mahatma Gandhi.
- In Jainism the swastika holds exclusive that means than what most associate it with (Nazis). The four sections each symbolize one of the four states of existence (hellish beings, plants/animals, heavenly beings, humans). From the start until dying, humans can bypass via these transient states of being.
- Jains are hence vegetarians due to their non-violent beliefs. They may additionally end up vegan to keep away from the harm and destruction of current farming.
- Most Jains do now not devour mushrooms, or the honey, or root vegetables. They also do not drink alcohol or even take capsules that alter the mind.
- Fasting is frequent in Jainism.
- jain dharma make up India’s most trained non-secular group.
- In America all Jains make up some of the richest human beings in the country!
- Jains make five vows of abstinence inclusive of Ahimsa (non-violence), Satya (truthfulness), Asteya (no stealing), Aparigraha (non-attachment), and Brahmacarya (simple living).
- In Jainism, there are five types of know-how consisting of sensory knowledge, scriptural knowledge, clairvoyance, telepathy, and omniscience.
- Jainism teaches that there are six simple elements together with soul, matter, time, space, adharma, and dharma.
- Jainism refers to the soul substance as Jiva. The other five resources are referred to as ajiva among other major religions of the world.
- In August or September Jains preserve their most vital competition called Paryushana, or Daslakshana. During this 8-10 day festival Jains regularly fast, meditate and emphasize the five chief vows of abstinence.
- Most Jains stay in India where their population is believed to be between 4-6 million. Jain agencies can be located in Europe, the United States, Kenya, and Canada.
If you are willing to know about teachings of jainism, make a perfect research from given Url.